Sussex Tech District Office
'Excellence in Technical, Career & Academic Education'
Sussex Technical School District provides an individually oriented techademic education, which builds a sense of pride, success, and self-esteem through excellence, enabling each high school and adult division student to be competitive in a global market while becoming a responsible and productive member of society.
The Sussex Technical School District believes that:
- All students can learn
- All students must prepare for lifelong learning
- All students will be actively responsible for learning
- Students and staff must learn and apply current and emerging technologies
- Respect for the dignity and worth of each individual is of paramount importance to teaching and learning
- Selecting and maintaining a staff of the highest quality are necessary for excellence in techademic education
- Participatory staff involvement is vital to the life of the school
- Family, community, and business partnerships are essential components for educational success
- Cultural diversity is valued and should be stressed in the educational process
- Data on school performance must be gathered, analyzed, communicated, and utilized for continuous school improvement
Secretary of Education Visits Adult Education Classes
Delaware Secretary of Education Mark Murphy recently visited Sussex Tech's Lewes satellite location of James H. Groves Adult High School located at Cape Henlopen High School. Secretary Murphy observed classes and chatted with Groves/Adult Basic Education students and teachers. The Groves Adult High School is a secondary school for adults who have not yet finished high school. It is approved by the Delaware State Board of Education and accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Partnerships such as those between Sussex Technical School District and Cape Henlopen represent commitment to serve the community's needs and place opportunity closer to the student. The Cape Henlopen location is one of eight satellite locations for Groves Adult High School sponsored by Sussex Technical School District's Extended Learning/Adult Education Division. Other partnership locations include Georgetown, Ellendale, Department of Labor, Laurel, Seaford, Bridgeville, and Selbyville. For more information about Groves’ classes, call 302-856-9035.