SUSSEX TECH BOARD OF EDUCATION HIGHLIGHTS
A summary of discussion and actions from the December 10, 2018, Board of Education meeting.
Present: President Warren Reid, members Gregory Johnson, A. Robert Masten, Marcel Hayes, Gary Brittingham and Adele Jones.
The Board discussed proposed revisions to multiple board policies which will return for approval at the December board meeting. If you would like to provide input, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proposed new Board Policy BCA, Ethics, and associated administrative regulations.
- Revisions to Board Policy EHA, Computer, Network and Internet Usage, including minor language changes.
- Proposed new Board Policy JIC, Bullying, and associated administrative regulations, reflecting policies and procedures in place and being followed by the district but which had not previously been approved by the Board.
The Board took action on the following items:
- Approved revisions to Board Policy EEA, Student Transportation Application Procedures, including combining several redundant policies and minor language changes.
- Approved revisions to Board Policy EEA-1, Awarding School Bus Contracts, including minor language changes.
- Approved revisions to Board Policy EEA-2, Cancellation of Contracted School Buses, and administrative regulations, including minor language changes.
- Approved revisions to Board Policy EEA-3, Contractor Price Quotes for Extracurricular Activities, including combining several redundant policies and minor language changes.
- Approved revisions to Board Policy EEA-4 (formerly EEA-10), Transportation Drug Test Restriction Policy, including minor language changes.
- Approved revisions to Board Policy EEA-5 (formerly EEA-8), Student Conduct on School Buses, including updating language and clarifying authority.
- Approved the deletion of Board Policy EEA-11, Cell Phones on School Buses, eliminating an outdated policy.
- Approved new Board Policy JFA, Freshman Admissions Lottery.
- Approved the monthly financial reports.
- Approved the purchase of replacement security cameras from Advantech.
- Ratified the Sussex Tech Education Association master agreement.
- An audio recording of the Board meetingwill be available at the District website within seven days. Official minutes will be presented to the Board for approval at its next meeting.
- The next Board meeting is scheduled for January 14, 2018. (Click here for a list of upcoming meeting dates.)
- The Citizen Budget Oversight Committee will hold its first meetingat 4:30 p.m. December 11.